SXSW Music Festival Wristband sales are now closed for the 2016 season. See you next year!
Join our SXSW Music Festival Wristbands Email List to be notified about our wristband events and future sales.
About SXSW Music Festival
The SXSW Music Festival takes place March 15-20, 2016 in Austin, TX. Discovery comes alive for 6 nights at over 90 venues featuring 2,000 showcasing acts, ranging from the unsigned to the iconic.
New for 2016, SXSW is increasing the number of showcases that will admit badge and wristband holders only.
2016 Band Info
The 2016 SXSW Music Festival has announced three rounds of Showcasing Artists including Iggy Pop, Judith Hill, Neon Indian, Eliot Sumner, Jake Bugg, Erykah Badu, WALL, BeatKing, The Blind Suns, Loretta Lynn, Bloc Party, Petite Noir, Demob Happy, Elias, Gwenno, Lapsley, HÆLOS, Stormzy, Methyl Ethyl, Montana of 300, Crystal Castles, Gabylonia, PWR BTTM, Tommy Stinson, PRAYERS, Mueran Humanos, Sauce Twinz, White Lung, The Relatives, Vallis Alps and many more!
Check out the full list of confirmed 2016 SXSW Music Showcasing Artists and start adding acts to your schedule today! Stay tuned for even more Showcasing Artist announcements throughout the season.
Wristband Access to Daytime Parties
SXSW Music Festival Wristbands will receive expedited entry into daytime events like the following:
- House of Vans
- Hype Hotel
- Pandora Discovery Den
- StubHub Music Experience
- Showtime’s Roadies House
- Wix Music
- McDonald's Loft
- Bud Light Factory
- MARRIOTT REWARDS x UMG PRESENT #withtheband
How Online Wristband Sales Work
SXSW Music Festival Wristbands are no longer available for SXSW 2016. Stay tuned for more information on a possible final sale during the week of SXSW pending availability. Sign up for our email newsletter to receive the latest Wristband news and updates.
An individual can buy two wristbands – one must be in the name of the credit cardholder and the second must be assigned to an individual named at the time of purchase.
The discount wristbands will only be sold over the internet, and will require a valid credit card with an Austin area billing address. Click here for a list of approved zip codes.
There are no refunds or transfers of wristbands. If you buy more than the two wristbands permitted, you will not be able to give or sell them to other people. Before purchasing a second wristband make sure the second person you buy a wristband for has not made other arrangements and is definitely able to attend SXSW. There will be no refunds or name transfers after purchase.
You will be sent a confirmation email which will include instructions for picking up your wristband. You must bring a valid form of photo ID to redeem your wristband. Your wristband will be placed on your wrist at time of pick up.
SXSW badges give priority entry over wristbands. Wristbands cannot guarantee admission to every SXSW event. Event admission is subject to venue capacity and age restrictions in compliance with state and local laws. Review Wristband Rules below for further details.
Wristband holders can catch a ride on the SXSW Festival Shuttle – a free circulating shuttle running between the Austin Convention Center, SXSW Outdoor Stage at Ladybird Lake and SXSW Film Festival Theaters. Learn more here.
Don't live in the Austin area? Special wristband hotel packages are available for out-of-towners! Visit southbywristbands.com, or the button to the right, for more information.
Are you an Austin local? Want the full fan experience for SXSW 2016? Leave the traffic and trouble at home! Buy a wristband to access SXSW conference rates at our top hotels and stay downtown. Click here for Hotel information.
Sign up for our email list to be notified about wristband information.
- Each individual must pick up his or her own wristband and will need to present a drivers license or valid government-issued photo ID to claim his or her SXSW wristband.
- The wristband will be fastened on an individual's wrist at time of pick up and may not be removed until the festival is over.
- An individual may not pick up a wristband for someone else.
- You can pick up your wristband at the Austin Convention Center Exhibit Hall 5.
Read the Wristband FAQ for more information.
Wristband Pickup Times
Monday, March 14 | 9AM - 6PM
Tuesday, March 15 | 9AM - 10PM
Wednesday, March 16 | 9AM - 10PM
Thursday, March 17 | 9AM - 10PM
Friday, March 18 | 10AM - 7PM
Saturday, March 19 | 11AM - 4PM
This online system is being implemented to ensure that the majority of wristbands sold go to Austin's music fans (rather than scalpers and re-sellers), and to save them the inconvenience of getting in line hours before they go on sale to be sure of getting one.
SXSW will not sell, distribute, or otherwise disclose any personal information obtained in the process of placing your order. Advance sale of SXSW 2016 Music Festival Wristbands to greater Austin-area residents: Thursday, November 19 and Thursday, January 28. Additional wristbands will go on sale the week of the event, at a higher price.
- You must provide a valid credit card with funds available to purchase the number of wristbands you request (up to 2). Music Festival Wristbands cost $169 each ($338 for two) (includes tax and service charge).
- The purchaser will provide their name, phone number, e-mail, valid credit card number and expiration date, billing address, drivers license number or valid government-issued ID number. The billing zip code must be listed in the approved greater Austin area list.
- A second wristband may be purchased by providing a separate name and e-mail address. These wristbands are non-transferable and nonrefundable.
- Each named person must personally pick up his or her wristband (which will be put on his or her wrist at that time) at the Austin Convention Center from March 15 through March 19.
- Each person may only buy one wristband for themselves and one friend. Any person who succeeds in purchasing multiple wristbands will be charged, but will not be able to use them for other people other than the one friend named at the time of purchase. Click here for an approved greater Austin area list.
- Wristbands guarantee no cover charges. Admission subject to legal capacity. Many venues fill up. Badges get priority entry.
- All SXSW Wristbands are non-transferable/non-refundable. No exceptions.
- Tampering with the SXSW Wristband will invalidate the wristband. Stretching, tearing, taping or cutting of SXSW wristbands is not permitted. If wristband tampering is evident, the wristband will be voided and the wearer will be refused entry to any/all SXSW venues.
- When purchasing 1 or 2 wristbands, the authorized purchaser must be one of the wristband recipients.
- Most SXSW Music Festival venues have minimum age requirements. Authorized SXSW wristband holders are not exempt from venue-specific age restrictions.
- DO NOT attempt to buy more than one wristband for yourself and one for a friend, because there will be no refunds or assignments of the wristbands you purchase to other names.
- By purchasing a wristband, you consent to being placed on our SXSW Music email list for news, updates, promotional and other materials from SXSW. You may update or change your e-mail preferences & unsubscribe at the bottom of any email.
Photo by Tim Strauss